As a Likeable Copywriter, you know every client business problem comes with a unique creative solution—and it’s your responsibility to find it. Sure, you’ll write social media captions. But you’ll also work with your art director counterparts to develop strategic and compelling concepts whose outputs lead to likes, purchases, and happy clients. Whether it’s a five-word meme that makes you laugh, a five-minute video that makes you cry, or a five-panel Instagram Story that makes even YOU want to buy the product, you’ll use your love of language and creative thinking to ensure every piece of content is smart, engaging, and unique.
Essential Job Functions:
- Write! Our brands will rely on you to write public-facing social media captions, video scripts, and the occasional blog post.
- Behind the scenes, you’ll collaborate with accounts, media, and creative team members to build client-facing creative concepts and campaign ideas that fulfill business goals and objectives.
- Working closely with the art directors, you’ll lead or participate in creative brainstorms to shape monthly, quarterly, or annual social media content plans.
- Stay up-to-date on social media trends through your personal love of the networks and implement them into upcoming creative concept decks, or proactively pitch one-off ideas, to ensure Likeable’s clients are always innovating and at the pulse of their industries.
- Regularly speak with clients about creative ideas, creative executions, and social best practices, presenting decks both on calls and in-person.
- Develop creative recommendations, voice and tone recommendations, and creative ideas for Social Media Playbooks.
- Maintain a unique voice and tone for each of our brand’s social media presences,
based on their brand guidelines and audiences.
- Be a defender of writing accuracy when reviewing blogs, decks, and content calendars.
- Occasionally work with freelance writers and editors, ensuring their work meets Likeable’s high standards.
- Meet deadlines set by the Project Manager.
- Write content for Likeable’s blog and social channels as needed.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven, team player
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to manage multiple projects with ease
- A passion for language, storytelling, and the power of content marketing
- Conceptual skills that demonstrate the ability to craft everything from a great line of copy to a multi-faceted social campaign
- A range in expressions of client voice and tone (i.e. you know when to be funny, punny, or more buttoned up depending on what client you’re writing for)
- Ability to ideate around data and strategic insights
- Compellingly present creative concepts to and participate in creative discussions with clients
- 2+ years of agency or in-house experience creating content and writing for multiple brands
- Experience collaborating with art directors, designers, and multimedia teams to produce graphics, photos, and/or videos
- Knowledge of creative best practices for social media (CTAs, hashtags, caption length... you should be the encyclopedia of all things social copy)
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite, project management software experience a plus
Generous vacation policy, comprehensive healthcare plans, and amazing company culture!
Likeable is one of the first-ever pure-play social media agencies and remain rooted in social-first thinking to this day. With a strong expertise in finance, food, and fun, we’ve been named a Top 50 Ad Agency and Top 50 Fastest-Growing Women-Owned Businesses by WPO and American Express OPEN as well as Crain’s 6th “Best Place To Work in NYC.”