ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn’t be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud platform was built to simplify the way work gets done.
As part of the global marketing organization, the Digital team supports servicenow.com and other external-facing websites. Our digital properties represent our brand, the products we sell, and who we are as a company. We are a team of designers, strategists, copywriters, and researchers. This is an especially exciting moment in ServiceNow’s history. Our business is thriving, our customer base is growing, and delivering a world-class digital experience is key to our company’s mission.
We are looking for a Sr. Copywriter who has a passion for storytelling, with an eye for detail and a blend of creative and writing skills. In this role, you will be responsible for the end-to-end writing process, from discovery through to publishing. You will write headlines, CTAs, and other copy for servicenow.com, including our home page, about us, product pages, and diversity & inclusion to name a few.
The ideal candidate thrives on making the complicated simple by skillfully taking complex material and communicating the core message in a few winning words. You have extensive experience writing web copy that motivates action by communicating the right message at the right moment in the user journey. You are an accomplished storyteller who knows how to translate customer needs, pain points, preferences, and ambitions into engaging experiences, and above all, you consistently deliver high-quality content.
What you’ll do in this role
- Write clear, concise, compelling web copy that integrates product messaging, brand voice, and digital best practices to support overall business goals.
- Push ServiceNow forward with fresh, distinctive headlines and simple, human, engaging copy.
- Explore bold ideas and creative approaches to telling meaningful stories that connect with our customers.
- Develop knowledge of ServiceNow products, solutions, and related technologies, and distill technical concepts into meaningful customer benefits.
- Contribute creative ideas for new types of content, experience enhancements, and editorial opportunities.
- Drive editorial excellence and uphold standards and best practices to maintain consistent quality, voice, and style.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups to deliver strategic, data-driven, high-performing copy that is on-message and optimized for the web.
- Build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders, including strategy, SEO, brand, product marketing, research, analytics, and campaigns.
- Manage the content development process for assigned areas to execute on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and ensure timely delivery of work under tight deadlines and rapidly changing parameters.
- Write in U.S. English for a global audience, optimizing copy for wide-scale translation across multiple languages.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role
- 7+ years of experience writing clear, concise marketing copy for corporate websites, ideally for B2B technology companies
- Expert at simplifying complex narratives into concise, compelling short-form web copy
- Digital-first style and a user-centric, strategy-based approach to writing that cuts through the jargon and fluff to bring the essential narrative into focus
- Experience writing for IT and LOB decision maker and influencer personas, with an emphasis on global technology markets, IT, and SaaS-based software preferred
- Deep understanding of all aspects of content creation, including digital marketing, SEO, web design, strategy, and UX writing
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, results-driven environment
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating relevant, inspired writing samples and an effective content development process