The Senior Copywriter will concept, write, produce and edit copy for a variety of projects for the Biossance brand. This role will report to the Creative Director to determine the direction and creative strategy of content. The Sr. Copywriter will work closely with marketing, brand, education and eCommerce to produce stories, with an eye for visual storytelling. This role will collaborate with key stakeholders to translate marketing and brand strategies into designs with clear communication that is engaging and will help ideate and create marketing assets with the Biossance brand tone and voice.
This role will oversee copy at a global, regional and local market level—with projects such as multi-channel integrated advertising and seasonal/promotional campaigns, digital marketing for emails/social/paid ads, marketing collateral, in-store fixtures, events, videos, blogs, as well as larger/long-term initiatives. S/he will own and regularly update voice and tone guideline documents and update the team on the overall personality as needed.
The ideal candidate is creative and forward-thinking, able to work outside of the box and stretch the Biossance brand, while maintaining, evolving and elevating brand standards. S/he is a talented and inspired writer who demonstrates cultural literacy, an ear for language and storytelling, and a passion for clean beauty. In addition, the ideal candidate possesses excellent organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects with ease. S/he is quick to ask questions and find solutions when additional information is needed to complete a project.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Develop intimate understanding of the consumer and category trends through competitive analysis, consumer research and ongoing monitoring of activity at retail
- Strong strategic thinking and excellent communication skills are a must for articulating vision and receiving/providing feedback
- Implements and influences the Biossance brand tone/voice across all channels and writes engaging copy that inspires and informs across all touch points of the brand
- Manage editorial elements of projects throughout the creative development cycle
- Partners closely with design team to ensure copy is correctly flowed into design and finds integrated visual/copy solutions
- Participate and attend bi-weekly meetings and creative reviews, examines various types of project briefs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and copy requests and iterations
- Executes clean, detail-oriented, on-brief copy for retail, digital and integrated marketing projects, including video scripts, etc.
- Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail
- Collaborate with Creative, Marketing, Product, IT, external agency teams and other internal stakeholders to concept, develop, and execute product launches, digital, retail and social campaigns.
- Lead the cross-functional team to ensure an on-time and on-budget product launch under a tight deadline.
- Manage a team of contractors and freelance copywriters on specific projects
- Provide both language and creative messaging rationale for each vehicle as needed
- Be laser focused on brand identity and expressions along with beauty industry trends, social sentiment and competitors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required
- Minimum 8 years retail ecommerce copywriting experience with a passion for beauty
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience across both traditional and digital channels
- Creative self-starter; ability to navigate a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a sense of humor and agility.
- Curiosity, intellect and a passion for great ideas; ability to bring them to life is essential
- Experience working with marketing teams and demonstrated flexibility in management of creative execution needs, and ability to positively respond to critique/feedback
- Strong conceptual skills, critical thinking, resourcefulness and ability to manage multiple projects in a start up environment.