As the Sr. Copywriter of Brand voice at Lakanto, you’ll be joining us during an exciting time of reimagining our brand experience — how we evolve all aspects of our visual and verbal brand from where we’ve been to reflect our next phase branding. You will collaborate across the creative team of graphic designers, content creators, marketers, and leadership to define and drive the tone and feel of our verbal brand across all customer-facing touchpoints. In this role, you will work across the organization to craft our voice through constant collaboration, iteration, and validation, delivering creative copy that clearly communicates.
We look for and value patient and friendly individuals who are smart, kind, and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to learn quickly and develop points of view within a competitive category. Our team members value people over process, prioritizing effective and respectful collaboration. We look for proactive creatives who can take and give direction, lead by example, and seamlessly shift gears from day-to-day iterative work as well as grandiose campaigns that set the vision of the future.
- Shape language and tone that drives interest in the Lakanto brand
- Continually refine our brand voice to effectively communicate our unique positioning
- Ability to easily shift gears between high level brand awareness communication and lower funnel conversion (social media, DR, Text)
- Perform regular audits of our competitors and industry trends to identify gaps and opportunities in our content
- Foster collaboration across teams to solve complex challenges while maintaining a high level of excellence.
- Work closely with the VP of Creative to align creative strategy to brand, seasonal promotions and product launches and efforts
- Mentor other writers by actively editing and fact-checking their work while actively working on your own projects
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and a strategy to implement
- Directly impact our culture — bring your unique gifts, talents and perspective to our growing team
- Work with external agencies and contractors to drive cohesive and dynamic creative
- Hands-on, roll up your sleeves, with a positive, unflappable attitude
- Maintains a constant drive to do your best work
- An exceptional portfolio with real-world examples demonstrating a strong record of creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism OR relevant experience (Preferred)
- 5 years minimum of solid professional, and commercial writing experience
- 2 years of experience in managing or leading other writers
- High standards for craft
- A unique point of view. You are trusted to question approaches, processes, and strategy to better serve the team to keep us fresh and distinct in a noisy, competitive industry
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a collaborative and innovative approach.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
WHY WORK AT Lakanto?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Lakanto, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people’s lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest-growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Lakanto as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Lakanto and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends