Firewood was built on the belief that good people are good business. And Firewoodians are the heart and soul of the company. So we were thrilled to have been recognized as one of the 2018 Bay Area Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. It means that we have happy, engaged employees who look forward to coming to work every day. We accomplish this by having an employee-driven culture, fully paid health benefits (including insurance for your pet), commuter benefits, and many other perks.
Now, about the opportunity: In the Associate Creative Director, Copy role you will develop B2B communications for one of the top tech companies in Silicon Valley. Our ideal candidate is innovative and forward-thinking with a dynamic portfolio that shows a variety of writing work with an exceptional attention to detail. A persuasive story-teller, you have a knack for bringing big ideas to life and approach every project with strategy. You are passionate about mentoring, value collaboration, and ready to take on day-to-day assignments. Someone who can see the bigger picture just as clearly as the fine print. Sound like you? Let’s get acquainted!
Being a fast and flexible go-getter who jumps on new opportunities and geeks out over what they do are critical success factors in the preferred candidate. Humility and collaboration are also a big part of Firewoodians’ DNA.
Your time will be spent at our Mountain View headquarters 3 days a week and 2 days a week at our headquarters in the heart of San Francisco.
What you’ll do:
- Produce high-quality creative work – from concept to execution – for multi-channel campaigns, email, microsites, and landing pages, social media, presentations, video, animation, and more.
- Mentor junior creatives, provide direction, and review day-to-day projects.
- Develop strong client relationships through a clear understanding of their brand and exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Create compelling campaigns that align with the client’s brand and messaging guidelines.
- Bring new ideas to the table that exceed the client’s expectations.
- Maintain quality and consistency of the creative deliverable for the team.
- Partner with CDs to foster creative excellence and opportunities for growth.
- Be a standard bearer for our culture and values.
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum 7 years of experience writing copy in an agency environment, on B2B and/or B2C communications.
- Strong research background, having produced marketing campaigns, messaging frameworks, copy guidelines, and more in the technology, B2B, and B2C fields.
- Editorial writing style, and ability to take complex concepts and distil into a conversational and helpful tone.
- Demonstrable ability to follow brand style guides to produce work that is original, consistent in style and quality, and on brand – while avoiding typical marketing jargon.
- Experience collaborating through shared documents and presenting work remotely, as well as in person.
- Ability to work independently – and sometimes as part of a group – to solve problems and bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to strategize content approaches and work other copywriters, as well as strategists and art directors, to deliver copy that is consistent in voice and style, and functions as a perfect complement to design.
- Ability to own projects from concept through execution and delivery, as well as edit other writers’ work.
- Strong understanding of how the digital landscape works.
- Ability to work quickly and through multiple iterations while maintaining strong attention to detail.