It’s pretty simple. You need to kick ass at content.
You should be a storyteller, someone who can explain to any reader how specific marketing tactics work and impact the lives of the business owners who implement them — not someone who will peddle abstract corporate goals or leverage omnichannel industry jargon to optimize buying behavior. Ya feel me?
If, when you sit down to write, you are always asking yourself, “Yeah, but why does that matter to the consumer?” or “Why should anyone care about this?” then we want YOU.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Developing creative and impactful content that will be used to promote PostcardMania and its services to businesses (small to large) nationwide
- Writing blog posts, magazine articles, social media posts, newsletters, scripts, landing pages and webpages, letters, reports and various other marketing materials
- Working with to the Director of Marketing Communications to ensure content is interesting, professional, adheres to our style guidelines (which do leave room for fun) and grammatically sound
- Identifying important selling points for each piece of content and bring that to the forefront
- Organizing and prioritizing several projects and deadlines simultaneously
- An ability and willingness to grow as a writer and marketer
- Working harmoniously as a teammate within PostcardMania’s 10-person marketing department
Required or desired qualifications:
- Creative writing skills
- Basic marketing knowledge
- Modern-day computer and email skills
- An ability to quickly and easily pick up new software
- Previous experience in marketing, SEO, writing and/or graphic design is definitely a plus but not required
- A blog or a demo reel would is preferred but not required
Needed personality and behavioral characteristics:
- Positive attitude
- Thick skin & confidence – this position receives a lot of feedback
- Willingness to grow and learn new things
- Ability to adapt quickly
- Self-motivation and the drive to make the position your own
- Good organization and time management
Compensation: Depends on experience!
After 90 days of employment, employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision plans. We also offer supplemental plans, life insurance, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and personal days.
Our employees love our free on-site yoga classes twice weekly, and our in-house coffee bar and café. Monthly, quarterly and yearly awards are given to outstanding employees. We also offer a corporate wellness program should you wish to participate!