ABOUT THE TEAM
If your obsession with the written word inspires you to craft prose that demands attention—whether it’s on a website banner or for an email subject line—then we'd love to chat. As a member of Buildium’s marketing team, you’ll help us shape a brand experience that customers and co-workers rave about. Better yet, you’ll do your work in a supportive environment where pithy wordplay is celebrated.
We’ve got a lot to offer. Smart, awesome people in a highly collaborative environment. Ownership and a ton of autonomy. Cutting-edge technologies. Great downtown Boston location. We’re passionate about helping our customers succeed, making a difference, and setting the highest standard for the way business should be done. If working in a fast-paced, collaborative atmosphere with people who are committed to producing great content sounds like a good fit, Buildium could be a great place to grow your career. Find out for yourself why the BBJ awarded us Best Place to Work three times—and counting.
We know you have your choice of roles for your next opportunity. Maybe we’re biased, but here’s why we think choosing Buildium could be the best decision you’ve ever made:
- We have an amazing mix of high volume and deep strategy that’s nearly impossible to find anywhere else in the B2B or B2C space.
- You’ll be part of a team that’s eager to help, learn, work together, and win. All that, and we’re fun, too.
- We’re onto something here - we have a big market to go after, the best product in the space, and some of the most loyal and enthusiastic customers ever.
- You don’t want to look back and say, ‘I wish I had,’ you want to look back and say, ‘Wow, what an amazing ride that was.’
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Reporting to the Senior Content Marketing Manager and supporting a team of savvy and imaginative marketers, your day-to-day responsibilities will include the conceptualization, creation, and upkeep of a wide array of deliverables including emails, web pages, event signage, video and print copy, informative guides, and other adhoc creative pieces.
- Participate in creative meetings with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to understand the purpose and scope of each creative project
- Grow your prowess as an editor/collaborator with a penchant for brand
- has 3-5 years of hands-on professional writing experience
- is able to express clear ideas and concepts in a punchy voice that sticks to the brand guidelines
- is well organized, responsible, and dedicated with the ability to work on multiple projects at one time and deliver refined copy quickly
- has great time management skills and is able to meet deadlines (and ask for extensions when needed)
- has a good eye for composition and how the copy will layout with visual elements
- is able to pay attention to detail and accuracy
- is able to give and receive constructive criticism in copy critiques
- Has the nature to be curious and share nerdy grammar rules with the rest of the team
We definitely want to talk to you if you have the following:
- Proficiency with style guides (AP & Chicago) and writing for social media, web, banners, and other visually-driven assets.
- Understands how to take SaaS product positioning and make it into something beautiful.
- Familiarity with Wordpress and Google docs/slides/sheets.
- Must be a true grammarian and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong opinions about the Oxford Comma help too.
Applicants must submit an online portfolio to be considered.
Bonus points for a working knowledge of:
- Keyword research and SEO
- A/B Testing
- UX and UI
- Saas-based product writing a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Casual and collaborative work environment
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Parental leave
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch Thursdays
- Ping Pong, Foosball, etc
- Free snacks