Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An onX Offroad Copywriter is a passionate and professional writer who can harness the voice of the company and resonate with targeted audiences across multiple off-road channels. This person is inspired by the opportunity to tell layered stories and fully understand how to intrigue readers. Part strategist, this person understands the link between product value and customer needs (or wants) better than the customer and has the desire to apply their craft through multiple mediums. They are collaborative and are ready to work on a social team, but also has the discipline to be independent and productive. They are confident, inclusive and has a strong, original point of view.
LOCATION: Missoula, MT
(Essential Job Duties)
- Create and execute creative ideas for content and campaigns, including but not limited to: social copy, digital advertising across multiple platforms, trail descriptions, blog posts, press releases, product reviews, multi-channel stories, advertisements, and email copy.
- Ability to read others' trail descriptions and write for onX Voice and tone while including appropriate keywords for being found.
- Interview experts within the outdoor industry to bring expertise to company content.
- Meet deadlines when writing a variety of work, from technical explanations and guides to layered stories with deep emotional connections.
- Work freely with different departments within the company to produce product announcements or public education pieces.
- Take initiative when brainstorming for new content or campaign ideas.
- Proven follow-through with ongoing long-term projects.
- Produce and edit clean copy fit for publishing.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of AP style.
- Able to thrive while working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Stay up-to-date on current industry and social trends.
- Education: The above competencies and degrees of proficiency are typically acquired through a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or similar degree with a focus on written communication. Other combinations of education will be evaluated on an individual basis
- Experience: Three (3) years minimum experience of successfully published writing results
- Excellent writing and editorial skills: a strong grasp of grammar, punctuation, style, and copyediting rules
- Strong relationship management skills: the writer will work with internal teams and creative staff to ensure high-quality work
- Collaborative spirit: you love to work with strategists and designers to create highly engaging and effective content
- Passion for Offroading: experience doing offroad activities and can authentically speak the language
- Ability to travel up to 20%: this person will hit the road with the team to attend key events
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Writing samples are required for the application.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [5%]
- Walking - [5%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - [20%]
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees