This person should act as a brand evangelist in terms of bringing the service-oriented nature of American Express to life in simple, straightforward, customer-friendly copy. We must translate our customer service strength and heritage through our website and digital properties. This is a great role for a strong copywriter interested in defining our brands tone and voice and bringing it to life throughout our digital assets.
The Digital Copywriter will work closely with an existing team of high performing Designers, Strategists, and Usability Researchers to create the voice of AmericanExpress.com. We're looking for an individual who can collaborate with us to convey the brands' message in relevant, engaging and fresh ways. The role will be primarily focused on writing copy for the core journeys within AmericanExpress.com, homepage, account summary, online statement, and pay bill experience, but assignments may also include writing for early concept development, taglines, and digital marketing campaigns. Beyond being a talented copywriter, you should have a strong working knowledge of design, marketing and a passion for digital. You can also pivot quickly and work on a wide range of projects simultaneously.
The Client has won the JD Power Award eight years in a row, including Best in Web Interaction for the Credit Card Industry. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who can blend business needs with customer needs to drive the digital experience forward.
• Write compelling and grammatically correct copy as well as effective headlines, taglines, and calls to action for core AmericanExpress.com journeys.
• Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into clear, concise, usable copy
• Review copy to ensure adherence to strategic focus, brand guidelines and tone
• Navigate a changing landscape while adjusting and revising copy until approved
• Work in collaboration with key project team members, including product owners, tech leads, developers, strategy, PM, and visual design
• Effectively act on partner feedback, user testing results and learnings to iterate on work
• Present work to partners, team members, and internal clients of all levels
• 3+ years digital copywriting experience
• Strong concepting and writing skills with a comprehensive knowledge of the digital landscape
• Expertise in writing across a wide variety of digital mediums
• Able to tackle day-to-day copy needs with minimal supervision
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
• Is detail oriented with a strong ability to research and problem solve
• Polished client presentation skills, demonstrating a clear vision of how the work addresses problems and objectives
• Strong writing portfolio showing breadth of work
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize a good portion of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
Click the link below 👇🏻