Copywriter will be responsible for creating and producing high quality, business relevant, creative copy treatments for City National's various marketing channels including: direct response, email, advertising, collateral, web, events and content marketing. Ideal candidate will be comfortable presenting copy and concepts to clients and delivering ideas that are fresh, strategic and always on brand. Responsible for developing copy for a wide range of B2B and B2C marketing deliverables through the customer lifecycle.
The Copywriter will reinforce the editorial voice and tone for City National's integrated marketing efforts, conveying a consistent and cohesive brand message across all marketing channels.
The Copywriter will have perfection as a goal -- in structure, grammar, spelling, proper tone and factual accuracy. The copywriter will collaborate with members of the editorial staff to ensure optimal brand standards are maintained and innovative creative solutions are successfully delivered on time.
- Take strategic and tactical input from marketing channel experts, project managers, senior copywriter, creative director and client; understand the goals, strategy, audience, offers, terms and conditions, product/service details and specifications of a given project.
- Gather any necessary research and other information (e.g., statistics, interviews, pricing information, technical product specifications, competitive information, etc.) needed to complete a project.
- Develop copy to suit project requirements.
- Be part of team to present concepts and other creative work to clients.
- Edit, proofread and provide feedback on project deliverables.
- Receive revisions, corrections and suggestions from channel experts, project managers, senior copywriter and clients; integrate such input appropriately into finished product.
- Work closely with creative, digital and production staff to ensure copy accuracy, fit and appropriateness for specific marketing channel and format.
- Help maintain the bank's Style Guide and Brand Book.
- Write and edit marketing content and communications in support of the bank's marketing strategies, including thought leadership, web, direct response, emails, landing pages, collateral and event materials.
- *Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or other related field
- *Minimum 2 years of experience writing for content marketing, direct response, digital and lead generation purposes
- *Minimum 3 years of writing experience in marketing and/or agency environment
Abilities, Job Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with creative copywriting in financial or highly regulated industries is preferred
- Experience in a variety of marketing channels is a plus, with a particular emphasis in digital/online content
- Experience working in an environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong organization skills, strong multi-tasking and self-management
- Ability to both work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be able to take constructive criticism with ease and grace
- Must be an effective written and verbal communicator
- Must be a logical, yet creative thinker that is an enthusiastic problem solver